If you have a folder full of digital images in various formats, and you want to convert them into the JPG or JPEG format, it is very easy to do as a batch process in Adobe Photoshop:
- Open Photoshop & go to File > Scripts > Image Processor.
- Click the Select Folder button to choose the folder of images that you want to convert. You can also optionally include all sub-folders in the conversion by clicking the associated checkbox.
- Choose to save the converted images in the same location as the original images, or choose a different folder.
- Select the checkbox to Save as JPEG, and choose a quality factor. The JPEG quality factor in Photoshop can be an integer from 0 to 12, with 12 being the highest quality. A value of 9 is usually a sufficient balance between file size and quality.
- Click Run and your images will be saved as a JPEG in the location you specified! The original images will not be overwritten.
Tested with Adobe Photoshop CS6